Posted by Ashwini | Posted in Shri DurgaDevi | Posted on 08-01-2010
Kallur Mahalakshmi Temple which is in Manvi Taluk is around 20 kms from Raichur.Kallur is also called as second Kollaphur where Goddess Mahalakshmi dwells.The temple has statues of both Lord Venkateshwara and Mahalakshmi.The temple has a great prominence as both Srinivsa and Lakshmi ( husband and wife) are situated together in this place.We know that Lord Srinivasa is located in Tirupati and Mahalkshmi in Kollaphur.This is the only place where you can see both of them together.
The temple is very auspisious for marriage.They have a procedure here to pray for that.You need to tie a coconut in the temple praying for marriage and after the marriage you should visit the temple. Priest also said that if you call/mail him if will pray and tie the coconut on behalf of you.After your wish is fulfilled you can visit the temple.
There is a link for the temple in the wikimapia : http://wikimapia.org/12207668/Kallur-Stop
Address and contact number of the temple:
ಶ್ರೀ ಮಹಾಲಕ್ಷ್ಮಿ ದೇವಸ್ತಾನ
ಮಾನ್ವಿ ತಾಲೂಕು 584118
(Sri Mahalakshmi Temple,Kalluru,Manvi Taluk,Raichur District,Karnataka PIN-584118)
You can also contact the archakas of the temple …
Devarajachar Archak on 9481546901
Priest also gave me a piece of paper containing the shlokas/mantras which are helpful for marriage and getting child.I am sharing it below.The procedure is everyday after taking bath you should chant them with belief and faith in goddess Mahalakshmi.
Kathyayini mahamaye maha yoginyadhishwari |
Nanda gopa sutam devi pathim may kurute namaha||
ಕಾಥ್ಯಾಯಿನಿ ಮಹಾಮಾಯೆ ಮಹಾ ಯೋಗಿನ್ಯಧೀಶ್ವರಿ |
ನಂದಗೋಪ ಸುತಮ್ ದೇವಿ ಪತಿಮ್ ಮೆ ಕುರುತೆ ನಮಹ: ||
Devaki Suta Govindam Deva Deva Jagatpate |
Dehime tanayam krishna Twamaham Sharanam Gata ||
ದೇವಕಿ ಸುತ ಗೋವಿಂದಂ ದೇವ ದೇವ ಜಗತ್ಪತೆ |
ದೇಹಿಮೆ ತನಯಂ ಕೃಷ್ಣ ತ್ವಮಹಂ ಶರಣಂ ಗತ ||
Thanks to Mr.Ashok (email@example.com) who has recently visited the temple and gave me updated phone numbers and other details of the temple.
1. The Archakas’ post is rotated on annual basis amongst their families and this is called ‘Paryaya’.
2. Devotees can offer Naivedyam pooja or just have ‘Darshana’. Those (males) who offer Naivedyam pooja will have to wear ‘veshti’ (traditional white cloth similar to ‘lungi’ but not ‘lungi’) during lunch which is served like ‘prasadam’. It is preferable for women to wear sarees. This is to be noted imporantly by those devotees who wish to offer ‘Naivedyam’ pooja.
3. There is no fixed charges for Naivedyam pooja. It is upto people’s wish to give any amount of ‘dakshina’, which is an honorarium given to Archakas for their Archaka (service). Definitely Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi will be pleased if we serve those who serve Her.
4. There is no provision to get a lodge/stay facility in Kallur. The nearest place would be Raichur.
Devotees who come from far off places can go to Raichur and come to the Temple after having bath, food etc.
5. Devotees who wish to offer Naivedyam pooja should reach the Temple by 10:00 AM. It would be good if they speak to the Paryaya Archaka on phone before they plan their journey. This will help them to know the conditions regarding travel, weather etc.
Below are the Kallur Mahalakshmi stotrams :
(click on the images to get larger and clear view)